• Employment Discrimination
• Civil Litigation and Appellate Practice
• Immigration & Naturalization Click link for more details.
- Family Based Immigration
- Asylum, SIJS, VAWA and U visas
- Parole in Place for Relatives of Veterans/US Military
ABOUT MIKE KELLER
Office / Client Meetings:
6611 University Ave, Suite 200
Windsor Heights, IA 50324
Law Firm Parking and Entry Behind Windsor Heights Town Center [Offices Shared with Schott Mauss & Associates]
Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form:
Mike Keller brings a wide breadth of legal experience and skills to the practice of immigration law as well as to his civil law and appellate practice. His ability to engage in insightful legal analysis and strong advocacy skills have strongly benefited a wide variety of clients. While an attorney for the U.S. government, Mike won precedent-setting appellate cases expanding protections available under federal anti-discrimination statutes. As a trial attorney, he’s helped national and local business clients avoid and resolve costly litigation; assisted women in breaking into non-traditional fields of employment; successfully advocated for landowners and homeowners in property disputes; taken on national banking and insurance corporations; prosecuted and defended defamation actions; and used his skills and advocacy to win jury and court verdicts for individuals discriminated against on such basis as HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy, and age. Mike was also selected to serve as state co-counsel by the successful 2012 Obama Re-election Campaign.
In 2015, disturbed at the widespread bias being directed at immigrants, the lack of respect for their contributions to our country, and wanting to help make a positive difference in the lives of immigrants and their families, Mike formed a new firm, Mike Keller Immigration Law, PLLC, primarily devoted to the practice of immigration law. He also continues to engage in civil litigation, especially in the area of employment discrimination, as well as his appellate practice. In setting up his practice, Mike has taken significant steps to keep his overhead low, including sharing office space and a receptionist with the attorneys at Schott Mauss & Associates, with the hope of being able to provide legal services to those otherwise getting priced out of the market. He is absolutely committed to leaving no stone unturned in attempting to obtain any available immigration benefits available to his clients.
• State of Iowa (1987)
• United States Supreme Court (1991)
• United States Court of Appeals (Fourth, Eighth and D.C. Circuits - 1991)
• United States District Court (Northern and Southern Iowa, Western Washington)
• University of Virginia School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1987
- Mary Claiborne and Roy H. Ritter Prize for Honor, Character and Integrity,
U.S. Department of Justice Honors Program
• Iowa State University, Bachelor of Science in JLMC with Minor in Political Sciences, 1984
- Phi Kappa Phi, Distinction and Honors, ISU Honors Program, Student Body Vice-President
• Iowa State Bar Association
• Washington State Bar Association
• American Immigration Lawyers Association
• Westwood Neighborhood Association, President/Board Member (2009-2018)
• Friends of Hitt's Hill, Chair/Co-Chair (2000-2007)
• Coalition for Enforceable Discrimination Laws, Chair (1997-2000)
• Fund to End AIDS/HIV Discrimination, President/Board Member (1994-1998)
• Greater Seattle Business Association - President's Award
• Washington Lesbian & Gay Law Society - Community Service Award